Chu – Sr. Hardware Design Engineer
- Digital and Analog mix signal circuit design, PCB stackup, EMI/EMC, signal integrity. System architect, design tradeoff, design for test and manufacturing ability, target cost, time to market. Design validation. Product end to end system integration tests.
- Complex FPGA (Altera, Xilinx) functionalities, multiple clock domains, extensive DSP processing, real time fault detect. Verilog and VHDL design. Simulate, verify with Modelsim in both pre and post place and route. Automated test bench design verification.
- Digital Signal Processing, DLL, PLL, A/D, D/A, Signal Amplifier and Filtering, Switching Power Supply, DC to DC
- RF digital modulation. One of the first to introduce the digital modulation concept. OQPSK, QPSK, Link Budget, BER test, Forward error correction encoding (Reed Solomon, Interleaver, Convolutional encoding, Randomizer)
- On board Embedded Processor design with MC6800, BCM7320, and BCM7400 RISC processors. 33MHz, 32 bits PCI bus.
- I/O interfaces: QPSK, OQPSK, 8PSK, DVBS2, 8-VSB, 64 and 256 QAM, DHEI, ASI, DS3, SMPTE 310, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RS-232, I2C, SPI, USB 2.0, high speed Sredes, Video display interfaces.
- Design validation & verification, failure & root cause analysis, OVM, UVM methodologies.