This year on the Talent 101 Semiconductor Blog, we shared articles to try to shed a light on some of the exciting, challenging, and upcoming issues affecting the semiconductor industry. In case you missed anything you’d be interested in reading, or are just joining us recently, here’s some of what we published this year:
Semiconductor Industry News
Like every year in recent memory, the semiconductor industry had an action-packed 2021. While there were countless innovative discoveries and applications, there were also numerous overwhelming challenges to face, including a chip shortage crisis, hiring challenges, and supply chain disruptions. Here are some of the industry news articles we published this year:
- Update on the Chip Shortage Crisis: What's causing it and when will it end?
- Beyond Tracking Tags: Innovations in Asset Tracking and Positioning Technology
- Semiconductors Drive Growth in the Accelerating Electric Vehicle Sector
- Are Chiplets the Next Big Thing in Tech?
- The Semiconductor Shortage of 2021: Ongoing regulations, reforms, and recommendations
- Emerging Semiconductor Supply Chain Challenges in 2021
Cybersecurity threats were top of mind for industry leaders in 2021, with increasing numbers of high-profile incidents of ransomware, phishing scams, data breaches, and more. We shared several articles on this topic, including information on what to look out for, and how to protect your company’s data. Here are some articles you may want to check out:
- How to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware Threats
- Cybersecurity Challenges Impacting the Semiconductor Industry Today
- 7 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Cybersecurity Provider
- 4 Top Cybersecurity Threats in 2021: Are you prepared?
- Building Effective Cybersecurity to Counter Emerging Unprecedented Threats
- Breaking Down Today's Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities in the Semiconductor Industry
Many semiconductor industry leaders have felt the squeeze of trying to recruit and hire great talent to meet growth goals and deadlines— all while retaining highly-valued current employees. We published several articles about how to maintain productivity with a smaller team, how to bridge the skills gap, and other industry hiring trends. Take a look at some of them below:
- Best Practices for a Successful Return-to-Work Strategy
- Automation vs. Human Skills in the Workplace: Which One is Best?
- 5 Ways to Recruit and Retain Engineers in Today's Tight Labor Market
- Verification Tools and Skills Engineers Need to Know Now
- Creative Strategies to Bridge the Semiconductor Specialized Skills Gap
- Best Practices for Managing Your Operations with Lean Teams
- The 7 Most In-Demand Tech and Engineering Jobs in 2021
As you look ahead to 2022, please reach out to us to let us know how we can help you. Our Talent 101 Circuit is ready with talented candidates for many specialized roles, and we’re also able to help you plan for cybersecurity for the upcoming year. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions.