As we wrap up another year at the Talent 101 semiconductor blog, let’s take a look back at some of the topics that were top of mind for leaders in the semiconductor industry this year:
Domestic investment and international competition
In 2022, one of the biggest topics in the semiconductor space has been which countries will meet the moment with the appropriate financial and strategic investments needed to develop their own semiconductor sectors. We published several articles on this topic on the semiconductor blog this year, including:
- Positive outcomes from federal investment in the semiconductor industry
- Why the U.S. needs to focus on growing domestic semiconductor production
- How are the three biggest players faring in the semiconductor race?
- CHIPS for America Act funding: When and how will the $52.7 billion be distributed?
- News roundup: U.S. and Germany take steps to block security risks from China
Semiconductor chip and labor shortage
Another topic that was top of mind for anyone in the tech sector this year was the shortage of chips and skilled labor needed to push forward with existing contracts and new innovations. Here are a few blog posts we shared this year monitoring the situation, which isl likely to continue unfolding in the coming months.
- Automakers test-drive new strategies to keep their engines running during chip shortage
- How will the U.S. overcome the semiconductor skilled labor shortage?
- A week in the global semiconductor chip and labor crunch of 2022
- Is the chip crisis easing? Automakers weigh in
As always, security remains an important topic for leaders in the semiconductor industry. Here are a few articles we published on that topic this year:
- What are the biggest cybersecurity threats and how should companies prepare?
- Are you rolling the dice on counterfeit chips?
As a managed services provider, we’re quite familiar with the struggles many companies have had finding the talent they need to meet their goals. Here are some articles we’ve published with advice for semiconductor leaders looking to increase the size of their workforce in a year of tight labor markets:
- How semiconductor companies are handling hiring challenges in 2022
- 5 ways you can secure talent in today’s competitive job market
- Upskilling: a strategy for retaining today’s semiconductor employees
Despite the challenges facing the industry this year, including security concerns, geopolitical competition, shortages of labor and chips, and other headwinds, there continued to be innovative developments in the tech sector that show exciting promise and potential. Here are a few articles we published that share emerging semiconductor technologies to keep an eye on in the coming years:
- 4 leading predictions for the semiconductor industry in 2022
- Are autonomous vehicles coming soon?
- As the semiconductor industry grows, how is it managing sustainability?
- Five emerging semiconductor technologies that advance critical capabilities
- Are photonic chips the next big thing in semiconductors?
- Ethics and the semiconductor industry: what you should know
Additionally, we also shared quarterly roundups of relevant news stories in Q1, Q2, and Q3.
From all of us at Talent 101, we’d like to wish you happy holidays and a great start to 2023. Be sure to subscribe to the semiconductor blog to stay up to speed on how these topics unfold in the next year.